Your ’60s Mod Look, Just in Time for Halloween
There’s just something about a ‘60s makeup look that we always love. Defined by fluttery lashes, rosy cheeks and a soft, matte pout, a mod ‘60s beauty look is equal parts quirky and beautiful. For this super gorgeous, easy Halloween makeup tutorial, we partnered with influencer Flor Pereira on a look that captures the essence of much-adored Twiggy makeup, while letting her (and your) natural beauty shine through.
Though many of us won’t be going out this year, this makeup could be the perfect look for a virtual Halloween gathering — or really any day you’re looking for a little extra something. Here’s a mod-inspired beauty how-to using only clean bareMinerals products.
To create this ‘60s makeup Halloween look, Flor used:
GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral
The Blender Brush
Expert Shadow & Liner Brush
Smoky Smudger Brush
LASH DOMINATION Ink Liner
ONE FINE LINE Micro Precision Eyeliner in shade Exact Onyx
LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
BOUNCE & BLUR BLUSH in shade Mauve Sunrise
Blooming Blush Brush
GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade Slay
How to get the look:
- Start with the GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral, using The Blender Brush to apply the shade Mystic all across your eyelid, from the inner to the outer corner.
- Next, use the Expert Shadow & Liner Brush to layer the shade Believer just on the center of the eyelid.
- Use the Smoky Smudger Brush to apply the shade Indie right above your crease, drawing in a diffused line that is clearly defined and visible so you can see it, even when your eye is closed.
- Apply LASH DOMINATION Ink Liner very thinly, right above the lash line to give it a slightly thicker effect.
- To finish the ‘60s eye look, apply the ONE FINE LINE Micro Precision Eyeliner in Exact Onyx. First, fill in any gaps from your last step. Next, make a dotting effect by drawing small strokes from the lower lash line downwards, giving the effect of dramatic lower lashes. (You can apply as dots or lines — either works!)
- To finish the eyes, apply LASHTOPIA Mineral Based Mega Volumizing Mascara to the top and bottom lashes. When applying to the bottom lashes, keep it light enough that you can still see the design you created with the eyeliner. For top lashes, coat as many times as desired.
- To add some color to your complexion, apply BOUNCE & BLUR Blush in the shade Mauve Sunrise to the apples of your cheeks. Tap it into place with your fingertips. You can also use the Blooming Blush Brush to even out and spread the color across your cheeks.
- To bring some neutral definition to your lips, use GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade Slay. Begin by depositing the color in the center of the lower lip with the wand, then spreading it to each side and to the top lip.