The Glowing Skin Look: A Halloween Tutorial
This Halloween, we’re taking a page out of Isabel Tan’s book. The Singapore-based beauty influencer — who is known for her positivity and fresh skin (in spite of a jet-setting lifestyle) — shopped her closet to inspire this Glowy Goddess makeup tutorial. She takes glowing skin to the next level by building and layering shimmer, and the result is a look worthy of Athena, a whimsical fairy or even the sun itself. The best part? She only used clean bareMinerals products, so you can skip the pancake makeup breakouts. We love how Isabel added gilded accessories for Halloween, but you can also recreate this glowy makeup look for a black tie wedding, a Sunday afternoon — any time you’re in the mood for a bit of glamorous luminosity that’s totally glitter-free.
To create this Halloween makeup look, Isabel used:
GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Copper
The Blender Brush
Expert Shadow & Liner Brush
GEN NUDE Metallic Liquid Eyeshadow in shade Pink Opal (Ulta exclusive)
LOVE EVERY LASH Micro Defining Mascara
ENDLESS SUMMER Bronzer in shade Faux Tan
BOUNCE & BLUR Blush in shade Pink Sky
BAREPRO GLOW Highlighter in shade Free
ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter in shade Whimsy
Diffused Highlight Brush
Blooming Blush Brush
GEN NUDE Metallic Lip Lacquer in shade Rose Quartz
DEW MIST Setting Spray
How to get the look:
- Start with the GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Copper, applying the shade Gypsy all over your eyelid with The Blender Brush. Using the Expert Shadow & Liner Brush, contour your eyes with the shade Truth before taking another pass with The Blender Brush to unify the shadow.
- Apply GEN NUDE Metallic Liquid Eyeshadow in shade Pink Opal to the center of your eyelids using the applicator, then blend out with your fingers. Use The Blender Brush to do one final pass over the eyes with the shade Truth for well-blended, multi-dimensional color.
- Apply LOVE EVERY Lash Micro Defining Mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
- Moving on to the rest of your face, use the Seamless Shaping & Finishing Brush to do a gentle contour with ENDLESS SUMMER Bronzer in shade Faux Tan, then tap BOUNCE & BLUR Blush in shade Pink Sky to the apples of your cheeks.
- For a customized glow, start by applying BAREPRO GLOW Face Highlighter in shade Free to the high points of your face, then go back over the same areas with ENDLESS GLOW Face Highlighter in shade Whimsy, using the Diffused Face Highlighting Brush. For even more glow, you can dip the small end of the Expert Shadow & Liner Brush into the powder highlighter and apply to the inner corners of your eyes. Finish by doing a second pass of blush, this time with the Blooming Blush Brush to gently sweep it over the highlighter.
- For lips, use GEN NUDE Metallic Lip Lacquer in shade Rose Quartz, applying from the center of the lips and moving outward.
- Finish by spritzing DEW MIST Setting Spray all over your face in a circular motion to set your makeup and add a final layer of dewy glow.